The EPROS Method
The epros®DrainPacker repair system is a sectional or point repair method for all types of wastewater and sewer pipes. The system uses epros® silicate resins (epros®ResinSystems) and chemically resistant CRF+ glass fibre.
How the epros®DrainPacker works.
A renovation packer carrying a wrapped-around resin-wetted fibreglass mat is pushed with the help of air push rods or pulled by means of a rope to the point of repair. The exact position of the point in need of repair is determined beforehand by TV inspection.
DN 100 – DN 1200 | 4″ – 64″
Circular and egg-shaped pipes
- asbestos cement
- plastics (PVC, PP, HDPE)
- cast iron
- ductile cast iron
- reinforced concrete and vitrified clay
- Leakage with or without groundwater infiltration or exfiltration at pipe joints, pipe walls, junctions, etc.
- Offset pipes, cracks and debris, ruptures
- Mechanical wear
- Extreme pipe or joint offsets
- Broken or collapsed pipes
- Large cross-sectional reductions in conjunction with bedding problems
- Longitudinal cracks at pipe connections
The pressure will be kept until the resin-impregnated fibreglass mat is cured.
After complete cure of the reaction resin, the packer is deflated and removed from the pipe.
The cured fibreglass mat covers the full area of the repaired pipe section without obstructing the service flow. The pipe-in-pipe system thus created forms an integral system with the host pipe and fully meets the hydraulic requirements.
- Excellent performance at extreme temperatures whether hot or cold
- The components of the epros®DrainPacker process bond to all kinds of pipe material, i.e. vitrified clay, plastic, steel etc. and provide a close and tight fit to HDPE pipes
- Quick and easy installation
- Virtually no shrinkage (< 0.6 %)